----- Original Message -----
From: "Meino Christian Cramer" <mccramer / s.netic.de>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: What's New and Shiny in Ruby 1.8.0?

>  just want to say "hello" to the group !
>
>  I just entered the Ruby sphere :)
>
>  ...and it seems, that I have entered it one or two days to late,
>  since there is already a "What's New and Shiny in Ruby
>  1.8.0?"-thread, which is exactly what I wanted to ask first :O)
>
>  Is there any mail archive ?
>
>  ...or may be a uptodate language reference
>
>  ...or something to update my currently very limited knowledge of this
>  language?
>
>  I have already (most?) of the "Prgramming Ruby"- or "Learning
>  Ruby"-tutorials, but they are all not as new as Ruby 1.8.0 (which
>  whould not be understood as any form of critism !)
>
>  What I need is something like a reference.
>
>  Can anyone help or point me to anything helpful?
>
>  Thank you very much in advance !

Here are some useful links for you...

www.ruby-talk.org
  Mailing list archives for English-language list
  (going back to Dec 98). Shortly after the newsgroup
  comp.lang.ruby was created, a two-way mirror was
  put in place, so virtually all of c.l.r is also
  archived there

www.ruby-lang.org
  Main Ruby site; also location of the Ruby Application Archive,
  which is the principal repository of Ruby apps, libraries, and
  documentation

www.rubygarden.org
  A wonderful wiki-based site, rich in content

www.rubyforge.org
  A new site. Like SourceForge, but strictly for Ruby.

www.rubycentral.com
  The Ruby site of the Pragmatic Programmers; some great articles
  and links; home of the one-click Windows installer and home of
  the online version of _Programming Ruby_ (aka the Pickaxe Book).

www.rubycentral.org
  A permanent home for Ruby Central, responsible among other things
  for the annual International Ruby Conference. <plug>Go there and
  register now for the upcoming conference in Austin in mid-November!
  </plug>

www.rubyhacker.com
  My own site. A page of info on _The Ruby Way_, including errata,
  sample chapter, and so on; a couple of Powerpoint presentations;
  and other miscellany.

DISCLAIMER: There are other excellent Ruby resources. I just got
tired of typing here, and my memory fails me. If your site is not
listed, don't be offended. Plug it yourself!

So... go wild, my friend.  :)

Cheers,
Hal

--