On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 07:58  PM, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Ah, OK. With the reference to the ll1 stuff, I was assuming you were
> pondering the oddness of Scheme or (call-with-current-continuation
> ...). Sorry, misunderstood.

No worries.  :)

> That'd be for Matz to answer for sure, but the one thing about
> continuations is you really can't create them in library code. (Well,
> you can but there are issues) Putting them in what's essentially a
> "guts of the interpreter" class makes some amount of sense.

Then again, it could be argued that putting them in a module that's
mixed in to every other class makes them seem like something you can
use with abandon...

> I expect that's just a SMOP. Throw something together and pass it by
> Matz (or make it a module, I suppose) and see how things go.

Heh, I don't think I'm ready to do that just yet.  I've never even used
a continuation.  I just thought it looked rather odd and thought I'd
bring it up for discussion among the wizards out there who actually
used it.

Ben