Hello,

I use ruby 1.8.0 embedded in a C++ application under Win2000. I use the
following piece of code:

int state=0;
ruby_init();
rb_load_protect(rb_new_str2(path),Qfalse,&state);
if (state != 0)
{
    //error handling
}
ruby_cleanup(state);

If the ruby script is o.k. I have no problems, but if the ruby script has
an error (state not equal to 0) I get problems. The second time I call this
piece of code ruby crashes then.
Is there a bug in ruby_cleanup or shoul I use other functions?
Next question: is it possible to stop the ruby interpreter when
interpreting a script? How can this be done?
Another question: is it possible to "step" through a ruby script when ruby
is embedded?

Thanks,

Stefan Staudt

  Dipl-Ing. Stefan Staudt

stefan.staudt / isw.uni-stuttgart.de
Tel: +49 (0)711 / 121-2462
Tel: +49 (0)711 / 121-2443 (SERCOS Competence Center)
FAX: +49 (0)711 121-2413

Institut fuer Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen
und Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)
Seidenstr. 36
D-70174 Stuttgart