I experienced an error today on what appeared to be bad data fed to
Marshal.  I don't have the data on hand and I'm not sure why it was
generated, but ruby crashed with a "failed to allocate memory" error.

Now, I'm using Marshalled data over the network, if there's potential
for random data to kill ruby, this is _bad_.  The box in question is
using a ruby prerelease, but I'm not sure if anything has changed or
not.

Basically, I'm just asking the question: is the Marshal format "safe",
at least in 1.8.0 final?

Thanks,

--
Ryan Pavlik <rpav / users.sf.net>

"You know what the best part is? I wanted it to happen
 and then it did!" - 8BT