Karl wrote:

> I have a class that extends FXIconList; I'm having some trouble with a
> few things.
>
> 1) When a user clicks on a header, I'd like to sort that column
> alphabetically.  I've looked at the sample iconlist.rbw, but sorting
> doesn't seem to work there.

I will send a modified version of the 'iconlist' example program to Karl
privately, but the basic steps are to:

  * Subclass FXIconItem to override its <=> method. This gets used
    by FXIconList's sortItems method to sort the items.

  * Subclass FXIconList to additionally listen for "clicks" on the
    header item buttons, and then change the current sorting method
    used for the icon items and then re-sort by calling
    FXIconList#sortItems.

Will also try to write up a little tutorial or something describing this
in more detail...

> 2) I'd like to dynamically change the style of the icon list, from
> details to big icons.  I need to be able to do this from a method
> because I'd like to do other things when the style changes, so I can't
> do "FXMenuCommand.new(menuPane, "&Big Icons", nil, iconlist,
> FXIconList::ID_SHOW_BIG_ICONS)"

Use the FXIconList#getListStyle and FXIconList#setListStyle methods to
query and set the style flags, e.g.

     style = iconList.getListStyle()
     style &= ~ICONLIST_MINI_ICONS
     style |=  ICONLIST_BIG_ICONS
     iconList.setListStyle(style)

or in a more compact form,

     iconList.listStyle &= ~ICONLIST_MINI_ICONS
     iconList.listStyle |=  ICONLIST_BIG_ICONS

or even shorter,

     iconList.handle(self,
         MKUINT(FXIconList::ID_SHOW_BIG_ICONS, SEL_COMMAND), nil)

The last one is what the menu command button does when you click it.