At 1:39 PM +0900 8/5/03, Ben Giddings wrote:
>On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 12:06  AM, Richard Kilmer wrote:
>>Elapsed time:  23.52137
>
>And from earlier:
>
>>It has Ruby 1.6.6 being the slowest at 206s versus Perl 5.6.0 at
>>165s and Python 2.2 at 136s.  Has anyone tried running it against
>>1.8.0 ... yes, I know it's only been out for a few hours :-).
>>Might give us a feel for how well some of the performance
>>improvements work in practice.
>>
>>Does anyone know where to get the Ruby code for this SMOP thingy?
>

>To be clear here...
>
>Is this saying that Ruby has increased in speed by an order of magnitude?

No, of course not. It means that the machine this test was run on was
significantly faster than the one I ran the test on. (I used the
stock ruby build shipped with Mac OS X on my iBook, which is rather
significantly slower than the machine used to run this test)
--
                                         Dan

dan / sidhe.org                         have teddy bears and even
                                       teddy bears get drunk