--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 07:10:04AM +0900, Pete McBreen, McBreen.Consulting wrote:
> Anybody know what it would take to get Ruby into the standard GNU Linux
> distributions?
>
> I'm interested because I'm looking for a web hosting provider that
> supports the use of Ruby. There is plenty of Perl/Python support, but
> I've not found Ruby yet.
>
> Interestingly though, I found a provider that supports whatever is on
> the standard RedHat Linux distribution. But Ruby doesn't appear to be on
> RedHat 6.2.
>
> Would getting on the GNU Linux distributions be a good thing for Ruby?
> Thoughts anyone?

It's in Debian.  I think it's included with potato (1.4.something),
and the newest version (of course) is in unstable.

I'm assuming that RedHat will catch up eventually (as usual).

ttyl,

--
Josh Huber
1024D/6B21489A 61F0 6138 BE7B FEBF A223  E9D1 BFE1 2065 6B21 489A

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99--