Hello again again,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ruby does not convert encodings implicitly, even when you specify -Ku.
> -Ku means "treating data as in UTF-8", not "converting incoming data
> into UTF-8".
>
> So if underlying OS (Windows XP, this case) gives Ruby file names in
> Latin-1, or any other encoding, Ruby passes them to you directly.
> Blame Microsoft for not giving file names in your favorite encoding,
> and convert them to UTF-8 by yourself.

That's what I was afraid to heard. This os definitely sucks sometimes :)
Thanks for your quick answer, Matz.

Now that you have finished with ruby1, i suppose you are busy with Rite.
I wish you all the success you deserve !

> 							matz.

Pierre.
--
Pierre Baillet
En essayant continuellement on finit par r?ussir. Donc : plus ?a rate,