WxRuby is close to an initial (very early) Alpha release.  It will be
released in that (early) stage within the next few weeks.  The author,
Kevin Smith, is actually using it to construct an email application for
himself as both a learning exercise, and to demonstrate/document the
WxRuby API.  Several folks across various platforms are working on
testing the early release on win32, mingw, os x and Linux (which Kevin
runs).  I must say that Kevin is making great progress.

The project is currently on Savannah, but is moving to RubyForge (over
the next few days) here:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/wxruby/

Best,

Rich