"wit" <wit7777bezspamu / poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
[snip]

> Is it possible to create Ruby (maybe with some C code) multithreaded
> application on Win32 without blocking the whole app. when
> waiting for/sending data over http?

I am not qualified to answer that specific question (since I never played
with
sending  data over HTTP in a mutli-threaded app), but Richard Kilmer may
have
already addressed that issue.  In general, though, I have written
multi-threaded
apps in Ruby and with minor tweaks, they have worked fine.

I urge you to take a look at Park Heesob's win32_popen on RAA, if you are
looking for "popen" (spawning subprocesses with accessible I/O streams)
like functionality:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=win32_popen

Also, if you can wait for some time (Matz knows how long) , I think, we will
have this functionality for Windows available within the language.

Hang on for a while ...

-- shanko