Emmanuel Touzery wrote:

> Dave Thomas wrote a 26000 lines ruby application in few months, he wrote a
> short report at:
> http://www.zenspider.com/dl/rubyconf2002/SummerVacation.tgz
>
> IIRC, his conclusion is something like "couldn't have done it in ruby, but
> sometimes you have to look in the source to fix things when doing advanced
> things".

To be fair, the conclusion was "couldn't have done it _without_ Ruby..."

:)

I think the OP has some valid concerns if he's straying into
lower-levels of the language under Windows. However, if he sticks to
more conventional code, I'd say Ruby and either wxWindows or Fox is a
good bet, and the resulting code will probably be a lot easier to
maintain and enhance than it would be in many other languages.

Cheers

Dave