"wit" <wit7777bezspamu / poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> I read some parts of the "Programming Ruby" (great book BTW)
> and tried programming some small scripts in Ruby.
> I must say after this experience, I will never be the same ;-)

Welcome ! We all have experienced the same feeling :-)

> This language has some kind of elegance, [snip]

Yep!

[snip]

> I'm little worried about Ruby's maturity, especially on Win32 platform.

If by "maturity" you mean:

* stability,
* ease of use (installation, etc),
* interface to Win32 API,
* interface to OLE automation,
* documentation (of Windows specific stuff),
* support of various free 32-bit compilers for Win 32 (Mingw, cygwin)
* support of non-free Microsoft Visual C++  ( I recommend that you try out
/\ndy's one click installer for this one)

and such issues then it is fairly mature. No need to worry there ! We have
been using it for quite some time and there are many experts on this ML who
can help you in most of the situations.

The one thing that IMO, is not supported like it is on *ix platforms is the
threading model. It is still light-weight/green threading (with no support
of "fork/exec") within the language. You will have to rely on libraries
(external) for that.

Feel free to voice your concerns in more specific terms and I am sure you
will get heard and some one will respond.
HTH,
-- shanko