Saluton!

* Austin Ziegler; 2003-08-02, 21:17 UTC:
> >> Violence is *useful*, as evidenced by the fact that people use it when
> >> equivalents exist. ???
> > Correct. The question is if being useful makes it acceptable. Some people
> > believe that a goal can justify any means while others believe that this
> > is not true.
> >
> > I am pretty sure that there is an equivalent of German 'Der Zweck heiligt
> > die Mittel' in many languages...
>
> "The End Justifies the Means", in English.
>
> I disagree with it, believing that the means can corrupt the end.

Obviously even the UN Security Council does not share your (and mine)
opinion. They guarantee that a well-known country's troops may commit
any crime of war without being punished for it by the international
community. I don't think that they are going to commit such crimes
but that does not change the ethical implications of the decision.

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
N'attribuez jamais la malice ce que l'incompŮ’ence explique !
-- NapolŮ–n