I'm getting:

readline.c:545: `HISTORY_STATE' undeclared (first use in this function)
readline.c:545: `state' undeclared (first use in this function)
readline.c:546: parse error before `int'
readline.c:549: `i' undeclared (first use in this function)

and so on, on NetBSD 1.6.1. This is probably because NetBSD has an old
version of readline under /usr/include/readline that doesn't define
HISTORY_STATE and a few other macros. I have a later readline
installed under /usr/local, but readline's extconf.rb doesn't see it.

I did try adding the correct path to $CPPFLAGS and $LDFLAGS in
extconf.rb, but that didn't seem to have any effect.

Dan
--
/^Dan Debertin$/         |
airboss / nodewarrior.org  |