Hi,

In message "Re: ruby 1.8.0 preview6 (what to test?)"
    on 03/08/01, Ben Giddings <ben / thingmagic.com> writes:

|> I'm compiling it now for a 'hello world' test.
|
|Matz, maybe you could give a little guidance on what you want tested:
|* the build process
|* the ruby interpreter after the build is complete
|* ...?

Yeah, right.  I want you guys to check:

  * whether it compiles or not on any platforms (especially "rare"
    ones, like linux-ia64, linux-ppc, etc.)

  * whether it runs on those platforms (e.g. make test)

  * whether your "important" program runs or not.  but you only need
    to check once for 1.8 series, not every previews.

Thank you, everyone.

							matz.