Xiangrong Fang <xrfang / hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>

> So it is better on this regard. By the way, I have never seen a
> programmer who write code in Microsoft Word, so, the statement that a ";"
> is usuful to the program that it will "survive a word processor" sounds
> strange to me.

maybe there is a code snippet somewhere at the home of a programmer and
his/her non programming wife/husband sends you the snipped pasted in a
html email or pasted into word as attachment?

Isn't independence of white space treatment also an argument for
SGML, XML?

Of course IMO it can be masochistic to program/write in space ignoring
languages (i.e. XSL).

--
Fritz Heinrichmeyer FernUniversitaet, LG ES, 58084 Hagen (Germany)
tel:+49 2331/987-1166 fax:987-355