On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 07:10:08PM +0900, ts wrote:

> >> I admit that having cgi['param'] return one value is more convenient
> >> for most scripts, but it would have been nice to announce that change
> >> somewhere.  Was there a post on this group about it that I missed?
> >> It's a major compatibility breaker.
>
> B> I didn't see anything posted either.
>
>  Thread "Pre-RCR... nil.empty?"
>
>  http://www.ruby-talk.org/43795
>
>  yes, it's related
>
>  http://www.ruby-talk.org/44044

Ah, both before my time.

Having said that, I still don't see how string.empty? is related. It is
valid to have "mycgi?foo=&bar=" (empty strings) and it is valid to have foo
and bar not present (nil), and they are different conditions.

Those conditions would be reported as, respectively,

cgi.params['foo'] => ['']
cgi.params['foo'] => []

And under the new API I believe you should get

cgi['foo'] => ''
cgi['foo'] => nil

so they are still not the same thing.

Regards,