AS = Andreas Schwarz
MR = me
D = daz

AS> Simple Question: how can I convert UTF-8 strings (from REXML) to
AS> iso8859-15?

MR> You would think that was a simple question, but I don't have a simple
MR> answer.  The YAML homepage mentions a Ruby interface to the Iconv
MR> library, but the link it provides back to RAA doesn't find anything.
MR> Was there an Iconv library that disappeared??

D> http://ruby-talk.org/76747
D> ?

Thanks, but that doesn't help in this case. The referenced message
includes a pointer to a port of libiconv to Windows, but libiconv I
already have.  What I don't have is the code to use it from Ruby.
I could write an extension, but what confused me was the reference on
the YAML page.  It seemed to imply that this had already been done, and
even had a link that should have taken me to the Ruby module
on RAA, but no such module was there.

-Mark