> 1. Automatic installation of dependencies.
> In the absence of a good mechanism for
> handling dependencies (in install.rb or
> raa-install or elsewhere) -- we could always
> handle it explicitly. Supposing an app X
> needed libraries Y and Z -- we could write
> pre_setup.rb so that it in effect did this:
>   - check for Y and Z
>   - prompt user: perform auto-install?
>   - try to install over net (via raa-install
>     or whatever)
> What do you think?

This is a much-needed feature!  I'm convinced that an auto-installer could
even be written that worked well on Windows, which would make life much
easier for those of us who want to install something that doesn't come with
the one-click installer.  Perhaps a base install could even include some
compiling tools that would be sufficient to download and compile code if
necessary.