> Is there any interest in a standard Ruby module that does debug prints, debug
> block runs, and other standard debugging things?  Does anybody already have
> their own that they'd like to share?
>
> I like Log4r and use it, but sometimes I'd like something a little simpler and
> more lightweight.

I think this would be absolutely great to have included. A nice,
quick, standard way to print out different debugging levels. I'd say
keep it similar to log4r. Have info() warn() etc that print out
depending on the debugging level set. It might be nice to not need to
create an object for it thought. Rather than create a global $debug =
Debug.new, it might be nicer to just be able to call Debug.info('hey,
i'm a debugging statement'). You shouldn't ever need more than one
debugging instance at once anyway.