il Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:55:17 +0900, nobu.nokada / softhome.net ha
scritto::

>Hi,
>
>At Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:23:10 +0900,
>Robert Cowham wrote:
>> Given the compatibility of Ruby with various Perl flags (-ane for
>> example), -d for debug seems more important to me than the above
>> behaviour (for the average person....).
>
>I have no particular idea about this.  NaHi may do something.
>
>One I thought, this -D option would be nice.
>
>  -D[number/list] set debugging flags (argument is a bit mask or alphabets)

sligthly related: I've been thinking if could be possibe a
-v<warn_level|warning_class*> that would set $VERBOSE to something
(i.e an hash ) instead of plain true.
This won't even break code with checks like
if $VERBOSE.

This way, for example , one could still look for unreachable
statements but forget uninitialized variables, or enable warnings for
changes beetween 1.6 and 1.8, or 'for future version' warnings...

or possibly this already happens ?