On Tue July 29 2003 11:10 am, ts wrote:
>  the instance is a class instance variable, because the class Stats will be
>  not removed, the instance will be marked when the GC run

Ah, how cool.  I have never (knowingly) encountered a class instance variable
before, especially not one that contained an instance of itself.  Now that I
take a closer look it all makes good sense, and does exactly what I want.
When I found out that classes in ruby are instances of the "Class" type, I
knew that would add all kinds of flexibility, but I didn't anticipate this
use.

Thanks,

Ben