Hi all,
I've recently got around to reinstating some of my old Ruby apps after a
system upgrade, part of which involved an upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8pre3.
Some of the libraries used in these apps were written for 1.6, and now
they spew out loads of warnings. I seem to remember something about
warnings being on by default in a planned future version of Ruby, but I
didn't think it was as soon as 1.8 - however, regardless of whether this
is the case or not, how do I turn them off? Remember that it's not my
code, so I'm not about to go through and correct all the warnings. The
libraries still function correctly.

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au