Hi

Although I have been using Ruby for quite a long time and I love it. I
still have a lot to learn. I have some newbie questions after reading
the post:

1. What is "taint checking"? I don't quite understand what does "taint"
mean here. I remember someone said that String can not be "tainted" or
you can't change the value of a String?

2. Unit Test. A lot of you talking about Unit Test. I have not seen one
in action. I really like to learn something about that, especially, as I
asked before, how can I catch a nil where a String is expected?

3. Design patterns. I don't know if this is relevant. I have wrote a
socket program in delphi and one in ruby. I found that the ruby one is a
lot easier to manipulate, because it uses blocking socket, while the
delphi one uses event driven async mechanism. Is there a case that makes
async communication easier than blocking socket?

Thanks,
Shannon