On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:29:32 +0900, Josef 'Jupp' Schugt wrote:
> * Rasputin; 2003-07-25, 10:42 UTC:
>> That's what cygwin is for - everybody needs a shell sometimes, and
>> command.com is unusable.
> As far as shell is concerned the MKS toolkit also does a good job.

Sorry, I disagree on both. I have and use Cygwin (and I've used MKS in the
past), and they're ultimately useless for my needs. I won't run a server
process in them. Ever. I prefer not to deal with client processes in them,
either, as they don't respect the full capabilities of my operating system.

The only reason that I have Cygwin on my system is for the occasional gcc
compile.

-austin
--
austin ziegler    * austin / halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
                                         * 01.22.35