Hi,

I'd like to announce the first release of the 'CrossCase' module: a
mixin which auto-generates under_barred aliases for class or instance
methods with names which follow the camelCased naming conventions, and
vice-versa. E.g., in a class which mixes in CrossCase, defining the
#foo_bar method will also create an alias for that method called
#fooBar.

For example:

   require 'crosscase'
   class MyClass
	  include CrossCase

	  def underbarred_method; ...; end
	  def camelCasedMethod; ...; end
   end

   obj = MyClass::new
   obj.underbarredMethod
   obj.camel_cased_method

   # -or-

   class MyClass
	  def underbarred_method; ...; end
	  def camelCasedMethod; ...; end
   end

   require 'crosscase'
   MyClass.extend( CrossCase )
   obj = MyClass::new
   obj.underbarredMethod
   obj.camel_cased_method

I wrote this module because I prefer camelCased method names, but also
wish to respect the preferences of my fellow Rubyists for whom such
practices are an abomination. And I'm too lazy to type

   alias :twinkle_twinkle :twinkleTwinkle

for every method. It's all about laziness. Or perhaps I'm catering to
my hubris. Or both; I'll shut up now.

The project page is at:

   http://www.deveiate.org/code/CrossCase.shtml

and may be downloaded from:

   http://www.deveiate.org/code/CrossCase-0.01.tar.gz

This module requires Ruby >= 1.8.0; it has not been tested with 1.6.8 +
Ruby-shim, but that may also work as well. Suggestions, bug reports,
and comments welcomed.
--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Believer, Architect