Hello All!

As another non-native English person living in Hong Kong, I would
like to voice my support for Clemens' argument.

>From: Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net>
>Subject: [ruby-talk:00761] Re: RD with multi charset
>[...]
>But I hope, that this doesn't remain so... :-) I hope Ruby would beat
>Perl one day! I think Ruby deserves that. But then, it is important, how
>[...]

When my focus is on programming, I do not care so much what
language people use... as long as they can understand each other.

I would like Ruby to be a worldwide success, not only a Japanese one.
The most successful language used internationally at the moment
happens to be English. The Japanese Ruby battle seems already won.

I should really tell you how *difficult* it is for non Japanese
people to start in Ruby... If on the top of that they are using
Windows instead of Unix... only one in a million will join...
These people could be great contributors if we made access easy
for them. I think we need a serious marketing effort.
The language seems already pretty stable. I think "promotional" or
"getting started" contributions are more urgent than technical ones
at this stage.

Thanks to links like these:
http://www.sugihara.com/ruby/ (Satoshi Sugihara, thanks)
http://www.math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp/~gotoken/ruby/ (Gotoken thanks)
+ a few others (thanks) + the English homepage & posts by Matz (thanks!)

If I manage to overcome the learning curve, I will contribute too.
Whish be luck (in English please!)

-Francois- francois_le_coguiec / hotmail.com
BTW, if anybody knows a Windows tool that can translate Japanese characters
in English words... or how to read tmail 0.4.6 at
ftp://ftp.netlab.co.jp/pub/lang/ruby/contrib/tmail-0.4.6.tar.gz
on Windows (Winzip can't open it)...