Hi Dave,

Sounds good idea.  Much thanks for thiking how to
promote Ruby 24-7.

> So, we've put together a little script that will monitor this list/
> newsgroup and send off an e-mail to someone the first time they
> post. The body of the e-mail is below.

I read articles in this forum via ML and unfortunately
have never read via NetNews, but I had used to read
other newsgroups a few years ago.  From this old and
little experience, it seems rather rude to send direct
e-mail with just posting to NetNews as someone said,
IMHO.

OTOH, people who are going to subscribe ML are easy to
live with this e-mail and I'm sure that this notification
is very useful as you said.  Is it worth adopting this
approach to ruby-talk ML system?  Postmaster of
ruby-talk, (Matz? Shugo?) how do you think?

> One of the URLs listed points to a survey page. We're hoping to use
> the information to discover areas where we should concentrate our
> efforts.

Can I join it as a newbie in the event of opening
this survey?

PS.
I tried to translate my recent postings into Japanese
using http://www.amikai.com/translate/index.jsp .
What a poor English I wrote...

// NaHi