Dave Thomas wrote:

> Michael Granger has produced a wonderful new RDoc template, which looks
> about 1067 times better than any HTML I ever produced. What's even
> better: if you use the "inline source" option, the source is inlined
> into the page, but is hidden until you click on the 'source' button.
>
> You can see what this looks like at
>
>     http://rdoc.sourceforge.net/newdoc/
>
> Click on one of the Ruby method names in the top-right pane, then click
> on the [source] link to see the effect.

I really like it!  I must say, I find the colour scheme a little difficult to read, and my poor old eyes need a slightly larger font, particularly for the source code listings.  I'm sure that's all configurable via CSS, though.

> Now the question: this new template relies on DHTML, Javascript, and a
> lot of CSS. Has the world of browsers advanced to the point where I
> could make this the default style, or do we still need to support the
> previous generation?

It works fine in Mozilla 1.4, but in IE 6.0, the [Source] tags don't appear in the listings.

That doesn't worry me, because I only use Mozilla, but I figured I'd test it.

Harry O.