>>>      http://www.rubyforge.org

[snip]
> But Gavin's note got me thinking: If there were
> any downside to RubyForge, it would be this:
> There will be less use of SourceForge and
> Savannah for Ruby projects, which might be bad
> for Ruby advocacy. People might look on these
> well-known sites to see how many Ruby-related
> projects there are, and conclude that Ruby is
> not really used much.
>
> Therefore I'd like to see RubyForge promoted
> heavily as it gets larger... ultimately we want
> even non-Rubyists to know of its existence, IMO.

Hi,

First post.

I run an apps site on the O'Reillly Network, OSDir.com.  It's open
source app biased/focused, but I for one would really like to start
sticking Ruby in as many places as possible to bring attention to it.
As you can imagine there are a lot of "P" people who visit the O'Reilly
Network sites and folks interested in learning more about the "P"s.

I've just started getting into Ruby, I'd never wanted to commit to
learning a language before (yes I'm aware of the irony) before
attending the Ruby sessions at OSCON this year.  I think Ruby is really
onto something.

To the point, if there's any 'promotion' to be done I'd love to start
running with some of it and am open to suggestions on how to do so.

I also think GForge is awesome despite it's 'challenging' installation.
'Grats on setting it up for your own needs.

Steve Mallett
http://open5ource.net

".. doctrine is the expression of enlightenment; it does not produce
it."
					-Christmas Humphreys, Teach Yourself Zen