Saluton!

* Yukihiro Matsumoto; 2003-07-22, 13:47 UTC:
> I think some still use Ruby, as some of us still code COBOL or FORTRAN
> (or Lisp) now.  Ruby in 2038 will be different from Ruby in 2003 though.
> It will no longer use 32bit time_t.

Good one but I am pretty sure that this will not be the sole change.
I am not sure about COBOL but FORTRAN did undergo quite a number of
changes. Even such major changes like giving up column fetishism :->

Besides that: Ruby (like almost any other programming language) is a
1.5-dimensional programming language - it consists in lines stacked
on each other. That is not the only possible way of writing programs.
IIRC the first programming language(*) was rather 2.5-dimensional - a
series of two-dimensional schemes.

(*) Konrad Zuse not only built the first computer (a mechanical one
soon to be followed by a relay and a vacuum tube one) but also
invented what he called 'Plankalk' (plan calculus) to formulate
what he called 'RechenplÁŌe' (calculation plans) - the word 'program'
was yet to be invented.

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
N'attribuez jamais la malice ce que l'incompŮ’ence explique !
-- NapolŮ–n