All,

I want to announce that we (InfoEther) have stood up a community server
for Ruby projects here:

     http://www.rubyforge.org

This runs GForge (http://www.gforge.org), and provides
sourceforge/savannah-like capabilities for Ruby projects
(cvs/web/files/mail/bugs/etc).  I already moved my jabber4r library
(http://jabber4r.rubyforge.org) over and have a little surprise project
started there also (rendezvous for Ruby).

The current RubyForge admin is my InfoEther cohort, Tom Copeland, who
also has committer rights to GForge...so we will be well supported.  I
cannot say that we can host everyone's projects, but we will do so for
as many as we can.  The system is UPS'ed and backups are automatic both
onsite and offsite...and yes...it is in my basement (if PragDave can
run RubyGarden, I can run this :-)

Tom is also working on a Ruby script to export Sourceforge project data
and import it into RubyForge, so for those that have pre-existing
projects we can help in moving them if you want to.

If you have questions, please email me directly, or post a
question/comment through the support project
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/support/) on RubyForge.

I'd like to offer a special thanks to Tom Copeland and Dave Craine for
setting up this machine/service:

     class String; def thanks!; puts "Thanks #{self}!"; end; end
     %w{ Tom Dave }.each { | dude | dude.thanks! }

Best,

Rich Kilmer

PS. Oh, and please no "Hey, GForge is written substantially in PHP!"
jokes.  If you want to start the RubyForge project to rewrite GForge in
Ruby, please do so ;-)