Hi,

In message "Re: matz thoughts on Rite ?"
    on 03/07/22, "Simon Strandgaard" <0bz63fz3m1qt3001 / sneakemail.com> writes:

|What is you thoughts about Ruby-to-bytecode, eg: jruby, netruby, parrot?
|Is this the way to go for ruby ?

Rite will not depend on Java nor .NET, although it's OK for the
interpreters on those platforms.

Parrot is an interesting project.  But I need the core in my hand to
play with.  Ruby on Parrot may become more popular than my interpreter
in the future.  In that case, mine will be a reference implementation.

|Making Rite faster than Ruby, how ?  jit?  gc?  other?

The current interpreter is very inefficient.  The engine can be two or
three times faster just by reimplementing.

|Is 'Rite' just a codename.. Or should the 'Ruby' name be abandoned?

Rite is a code name for the new interpreter.  Ruby remains to be the
language name.

							matz.