Lothar Scholz <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com> wrote in message news:<1173309890.20030719135052 / scriptolutions.com>...
> Can you tell me if .NET supports fibers ?

No, it supports real threads.

To my mind, taking advantage of real threads and Unicode would be the
two big advantages to a .NET ruby.  I guess a Parrot ruby would also
have these properties, since Perl has real threads and (pretty much)
Unicode?

The third advantage would be the ability to use the .NET libraries,
including winforms, in ruby.  Ahh, to think, my windows GUI programs
could be written in ruby!  A dream that I doubt will become real in my
lifetime... but perhaps, my grandchildren... or their grandchildren...