Hi,

  In mail "[ruby-talk:00761] Re: RD with multi charset"
    Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> wrote:

> > You can understand it, I can understand it (not complete :-),
> > but everyone doesn't understand it.
> > And it is the FACT that Japanese user is majority of Ruby user.
>
> But I hope, that this doesn't remain so... :-) I hope Ruby would beat
> Perl one day!
(snip...)

I think so, too.
I believe Ruby is the any perpose, powerful language which is
worth being used in the World.

> But why to restrict usage of tools, modules or classes? If I comment my
> e.g. `filelock' module in English, many people could use it easily. If I
> would document it in German, a Korean guy could probably have problems
> to understand enough to use it?
(snip...)
> I think, a module commented in bad English, is more useful for
> non-Japanese programmer, than one commented totally in Japanese.

At first, my scheme is NOT for using Japanese, but using any
language we like. Of course it includes English. I don't say
"write documents in Japanese", I say "write documents in English,
and if you want, in Japanese(or others)". I think English document
is important too.

At second, all languages (includes English) should be treated equally.
Now I can read English document and code in the same file.
Then, I want to read Japanese document and code in the same file.
But because non ASCII characters causes trouble in ASCII environment
I think out the way to read Japanese with code, it makes no trouble.
For details, please see my another mail.

At third, there's people who doesn't understand English.
I don't want to forsake them/force them using English.
Minero Aoki