Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com>
wrote:
>gotoken / math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp (GOTO Kentaro) writes:
>
>> But why don't you use RWiki?  That allows us to write in our RD :-)
>> See ((<RAA:RWiki>)) and ((<RAA:RWiki-installer>)).
>
>To be honest: I had for other UseModWikis set up already: creating a
>new one takes about ten seconds. Installing and managing RWiki is far
>more complex (even with the installer). I was also concerned by the
>potential for the background demon to grow in size: this Wiki is
>running on a fairly small machine outside the firewall. So, UseModWiki
>was a pragmatic choice.
>
>I also thing that RWiki has a serious flaw. References to undefined
>pages show up just like normal links. This isn't the way a wiki is
>supposed to work. That fact that other wikis display ToBeDefined as
>ToBeDefined_?_ acts as both an aide memoire _and_ as an invitation for
>others to complete the work.
>
>However, I also know that it might not be the most politically correct
>thing to run a non-Ruby Wiki.
>
>What do folks think?

I think it would be ideal to run a ruby wiki. If
it's not mature enough yet, or has problems
specific to your needs, then you shouldn't run it
(yet). I would like to see the community step up
and add features or make fixes that would allow
you to use it successfully.

Kevin