Robert Klemme wrote:
> "Mauricio FernŠŌdez" <batsman.geo / yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>Dunno, guess there's no real interest since this must have been around
>>for ages now.
>
> Hm, that is a bit contradicting, don't you think?

Not really, when someone new comes to ruby they always ask for features
from the language they know best.

The call for pre/post increment/decrement operators is pretty frequent.

We've had VB programmers ask for 'on error gosub' because they had a
blind spot for exceptions.

We've had Java/C++/Whatever programmers ask for type checking, operator
overloading, polymorphism and a whole host of compile time checking.

Lisp programmers have enquired about macros (occasionally).

We've had programmers who wanted 'initialize' changed to 'new' so that
they would have less to type.

And we've had tcl/php programmers who wanted elseif rather then elsif
(or was that the other way round).

The common theme is that all these requests come from 'I am an X
programmer', where X is the one and only language they understand :)

Peter (having a bad day) Hickman