Dave Thomas writes:

# gotoken / math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp (GOTO Kentaro) writes:
#
# > But why don't you use RWiki?  That allows us to write in our RD :-)
# > See ((<RAA:RWiki>)) and ((<RAA:RWiki-installer>)).
#
# To be honest: I had for other UseModWikis set up already: creating a
# new one takes about ten seconds. Installing and managing RWiki is
# far more complex (even with the installer). I was also concerned by
# the potential for the background demon to grow in size: this Wiki is
# running on a fairly small machine outside the firewall. So,
# UseModWiki was a pragmatic choice.
#
# I also thing that RWiki has a serious flaw. References to undefined
# pages show up just like normal links. This isn't the way a wiki is
# supposed to work. That fact that other wikis display ToBeDefined as
# ToBeDefined_?_ acts as both an aide memoire _and_ as an invitation
# for others to complete the work.
#
# However, I also know that it might not be the most politically
# correct thing to run a non-Ruby Wiki.
#
# What do folks think?

This instance of folks thinks that recent mass floggings (which
non-fanatics perceived as tactul putlic councelling) of politically
correct Perl zealots by a couple of the leading Perl developers
exhibits the right attitude -- use the best tool for the circumstances
and job at hand.

Conrad Schneiker