On Saturday, July 12, 2003, 5:40:20 PM, Gour wrote:

> Gavin Sinclair (gsinclair / soyabean.com.au) wrote:

>> Hmmmmm.... I just gave that a go and it worked (to a certain extent).
>> I wonder why the difference.
>>
>> Under MinGW, "make install" does not install ruby.exe anywhere,
>> though.  It only creates the /usr/local/lib directory.

> Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your problem. With MingW (gcc 3.2) and latest MSYS 1.09,
> running configure --prefix=C:/mingw, everything is installed nicely (I install all my
> programs under /mingw which is symlink to c:/MinGW, not under msys folder.), and ruby.exe
> is produced, as well as rubyw.exe and miniruby.exe.

> Do you have miniruby.exe after make?

Yes, miniruiby.exe is created (several build steps depend on this),
and ruby.exe and rubyw.exe are created, but only in the "current"
directory (i.e. where the build is performed).

I'll do what I can to produce a pristine operating environment and try
again.

Also, it seems that perhaps it's best to just build from the latest
CVS, rather than a "preview" snapshot.

Gavin