Hi,

  In mail "[ruby-talk:00742] Re: RD with multi charset"
    Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> wrote:

> > Hi, I'm Minero Aoki. This is my first mail in this mailling list.
>
> Welcome you :-) I am happy you use this mailing list to speak about Ruby
> :-))) We need more traffic here, I think!

I think so, too  :-)

> > I propose new feature for RD.
(snip)
> > How do you think this?

> So I think, it would be too complicate. A user would perhaps doesn't see
> the code among all these comments. I think, that you are very right,
> that to produce language dependend documentation is a very important
> issue. But I feel, that this would be the wrong way to go.

It is probabry right.
We should do more and more thinking.

> So after some thinking, I hope, we don't go that way. I hope further,
> modules and classes in Ruby will be documented in English. So that I am
> also able to read, understand and use them.

You can understand it, I can understand it (not complete :-),
but everyone doesn't understand it.
And it is the FACT that Japanese user is majority of Ruby user.

> Think about Perl! How many peoples are using Perl? How many would it be,
> if the documentation of the most modules in Perl were written in e.g.
> Arab? ;-)

Yes, many people using Perl, with enforcing to use English.
Yes. Perl is accepted by many people with commenting only English.
Then, if we can use any language, Ruby will be accepted by more and
more people, isn't it ?  :-)
Minero Aoki