As Brian Candler pointed out, what I posted is not what I meant to
post. Somehow I got my switches confused. I was trying to isolate the
script down to the smallest possible to show my problem, but got the
-l and -r switch confused ( as well as the -v and -w ). That's what I
get for programming on a Friday night. :)

Anway, let me try again. By running the following:

echo "puts 'test'" | ruby -w -r mysql.so

on my new ruby-mysql library I get the following:

0: (null) - ./mysql.so (LoadError)

Is there anyway I can get more debugging information. It looks like it
is throwning some kind of load error exception. Is there anyway I can
get a message associated with that error so that I can debug why the
library is not loading?

Thanks for any information, and sorry about the last confusing post.

--
Eric Anderson