"Josef 'Jupp' Schugt" <jupp / gmx.de> wrote in message
> Saluton!
>
> > Two points should be made. (1) A selling company must give the
> > source to the customers
>
> Note that they must only hand out the source if they explicitly ask
> for it. They need not distribute it with the binaries.

Actually, the GPL requires that, wherever you distribute the binaries from,
the source code must be available right alongside it.  I've seen it said a
couple times in this discussion from various people that a developer can
withhold source code from distribution unless someone explicitly asks for
it, and this is not the case; the GPL actually requires you to distribute
the source code alongside the binaries.

    Sean O'Dell