Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:7514] Which book?"
    on 00/12/18, Johann Spies <js / adept.co.za> writes:

|I see on amazon.com that Matz's book will appear in January.  The
|table of contents was not available when I last checked the website.
|
|I would like to know what would be the main differences between the
|new book and the one that was published recently: Programming Ruby.
|
|$42 / $44 are a lot of money to pay for a book with the ZAR/$ exchange
|rate and I want to make sure I get the book that will fit my specific
|needs.  I would not be able to buy both.

Buy "Programming Ruby" if you need to choose one.  Although I'm
working on it now, my book is currently a vaporware.  Check out
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/man-1.4/index.html too.  It's old, but
still usable and free.

"Programming Ruby" focuses on the language itself, on the other hand
my book will cover "indroduction to object-oriented programming" and
"design phase in object-oriented programming" as well.

							matz.