In article <0G5N00IH685GML / mta6.snfc21.pbi.net>, "Kevin Smith"
<kevins14 / pacbell.net> wrote:

> I'm going to bring up the topic of a Ruby IDE yet again (as I notice it
>>occurs frequently in the archives too). Straight to the point, I want to
>>make  one :)
>>
>>If anyone is currently making one I would like to help in some way If I
>>can.  Some features I would like to include in an IDE are:
> (snipped great features)
>
> I would love to see a ruby IDE. As a fan of XP, I would love to see  it
> grow incrementally. Grand plans for hundreds of features are  great, but
> I am most interested in those few features that are  really critical.
>
> I would start to use a ruby IDE that could:
> - Edit source (ideally with syntax highlights, but that could come
> later)
> - Automatically pull in 'require' source files
> - Invoke the interpreter against the source with one keystroke

Not being much of a programmer (more a hobbyist), I'm not sure
about how relevant this is, but I was recently checking out a fairly
simple, in some regards, but nice terminal-based IDE called motor
for C/C++ used with *nix systems. The first thing I thought to myself,
as I am about a hundred pages into the new Ruby book, was wouldn't
this be nice if it were Ruby-centric. A search on Freshmeat for "motor"
should turn it up.

John C.