Thank you. This is excellent stuff.

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 04:26 AM, Brian Candler wrote:

> [snip]
>
> However this is an implementation of regular 'system', not the
> Shell.def_system_command / #transact / #dialog you are using (which I
> had
> never come across before)
> [snip]

The use of shell.transact is another example of my "use magic" approach
to Ruby programming (at least as it pertains to multiple processes and
inter-process communication). Before using it, I would encounter
synchronization problems when the same object made multiple calls to
system processes. This "technique" may be overkill in many cases, and I
will have to learn more to distinguish when it's necessary and when
it's just more overhead.

Regards,

Mark