On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 11:47, james_b wrote:
> Chad Fowler wrote:
> > In case you haven't seen it, Artima.com has created a new "Buzz"
> > section, where anyone with a weblog can point Artima at their RSS feeds,
> > and Artima will create an aggregation of posts in related topics.  You
> > can then use Artima's discussion functionality to leave comments, as
> > well as having access to an aggregated RSS feed of all items in that topic.
> >
> > Artima has a "Ruby Buzz"
> > (http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123), so if you're
> > writing about Ruby on your weblog (which I know some of you are), go
> > sign up with Artima.  As of now, James Britt is the only one who has
> > signed up, so the Ruby category is looking pretty bare.
>
> And what's somewhat disappointing is that Artima only allows one blog
> per person per category, so it was a choice between ruby-doc and
> rubyxml.  Assorted demands have been keeping me from contributing much
> to either, but rubyxml has been suffering some code issues (rewriting
> the back-end code is one of those assorted demands on my time) so I
> opted for ruby-doc.org.

Simple workaround: One RSS file listing entries from two blogs.
Aggregate, then submit, instead of having them do it.

> But by all means anybody with a Ruby-related web log should hook up an
> Artima account and list a blog.

I have -- my RSS file is hand-updated at the moment, but that will
change as I develop my weblog-in-wiki software.

> (Dave Thomas has his blog listed under "Design Buzz"; Artima itself
> hosts a number of worthwhile blogs from the likes of Robert C. Martin
> and Ward Cunningham: http://www.artima.com/weblogs/index.jsp
> It's also featured a multipart interview with Dave and /\ndy.)

Which is excellent, by the way, and I highly suggest reading.  I'm on
part 5 of the interview now as I write this.

Ari