OK, this is a REALLY LATE (over two months!) reply, but I thought the
answers would still be useful...

Takashi & Kayoko Sano [mailto:tksano / m3.kcn.ne.jp] wrote:
> I'm using Test::Unit for testing my codes. I have some questions
> I'd like to ask.
>
> - Test::Unit shows testing process with periods like 'Started...
>   ....', but is there a way to make it show the test method
>   names instead? My test sometimes fails and sometimes passes, so
>   I'd like to check the order of the tests conducted.

There is a second parameter to Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner.run
that specifies the output level. The possible values are constants in
Console::TestRunner - SILENT, PROGRESS_ONLY, NORMAL, and VERBOSE.
VERBOSE will do what you requested. To simplify using this
functionality, there's now a version of Test::Unit in Ruby CVS under
/rough/lib/testunit that allows specifying the output level on the
command line. This functionality will eventually make it in to the
version of Test::Unit distributed with Ruby, but I'm not sure exactly
when.

> - Does Test::Unit have any method to test private methods?

Have you tried using Object#send? It completely bypasses all access
protection.

HTH,

Nathaniel

<:((><