In article <3F05A0E9.9040001 / neurogami.com>, james_b wrote:
>> ... but we aren't
>> sure if there is enough demand for it to justify the initial setup costs.
> What setup costs? Does it take that long to install Ruby and add
> mod_ruby to Apache?

Usually not ...

The packages are available in Debian/stable and as .rpm packages.

The file
	/usr/share/doc/libapache-mod-ruby/examples/httpd.conf
contains all necessary configuration code which can be included nearly
unmodified in the /etc/apache/httpd.conf. The only necessary changes are
to uncomment the ruby features you want to offer :-)
(eruby, ...)

Probably you should add "index.rhtml" to the DirectoryIndex, but that's all.

> Or are there other issues involved with running Ruby?

The only issues I see are possibly security problems when trying to
configure it using suexec and different rights per vhost etc.

Is there anyone who knows more about it?

Greets,

--
Volker Grabsch