KONTRA Gergely <kgergely / mlabdial.hit.bme.hu> writes:

> The ruby-dev is a Japanese list, isn't it? So where should I post this
> bug?

It is not a bug.

> I've problem compiling ruby-preview 1.8.0-preview3 on win98.
> After doing bcc32\configure.bat, when I type make, it simply doesn't
> find the header files.
> But I've set up the lib and include environment variables BEFORE
> configuring:
> ----------[ other variables deleted ]----------
> D:\tmp\ruby-1.8.0>set
> PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\PROGRA~1\VIRUSB~1\BIN;D:\BORLAND\BCC55\BIN
> LIB=d:\borland\bcc55\lib
> INCLUDE=d:\borland\bcc55\include

This makes no sense.  You should read the readme.txt in \borland\bcc55.

:   b. Create a bcc32.cfg file which will set
:      the compiler options for the Include
:      and Lib paths (-I and -L switches to
:      compiler) by adding these lines:
:      -I"c:\Borland\Bcc55\include"
:      -L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib"
:   c. Create an ilink32.cfg file which will set
:      the linker option for the Lib path by
:      adding this line:
:      -L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib"

--
eban