On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 02:32:17AM +0900, Yasushi Shoji wrote:
> At Sun, 17 Dec 2000 02:10:01 +0900,
> Johann Spies wrote:
> >
> > Is there a module for ruby like python-glade?
>
> I think DaVinci is writing it.  there is a toy module that I
> created. but it's not wrapping libglade library, but parsing xml by
> itself. not usefull for serious development.

 My initial intention is writing wrapper for libglade. First investigation
 shows Swig like a very promising method of making wrapper, but I have not
 much time now and must learn many things (including Ruby ;)

 You can use python-glade from Ruby. Look for Ruby/Python module in:

	 http://www.goto.info.waseda.ac.jp/~fukusima/ruby/python-e.html

 It is very transparent and works with many Python extensions. You can use
 them like they were part of Ruby without problem.

 Greets.

 							David